Goodbye. Hello.



Somewhere over the past few years, I have lost my ability to thrive on uncertainty.

I used to dive in without a plan, and it's always worked out beyond my expectations. I jumped and a net would appear. I've gotten too careful, and it's killing me.

I don't have the moo-lah to leave the country just yet, so I'll be spending time in cities I've never spent time in: Denver, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, whatever makes sense.

If I keep waiting for the right time, it'll never happen.

I'll be keeping this online journal/blog of my travels, if that sort of thing appeals to you.

Will I be taking Oscar? Yes and no. He may be getting a country vacation with my folks for part of the trip. It's tough enough to find sublets withOUT a pet.

Finally, for the armchair life coaches amongst you chanting "You can't escape from yourself," I'm not running away from anything. I'm not trying to "find myself." (ewww) I'm just throwing a stone to get the pool to ripple.

Let's all grab a drink and make out before I leave on August 24th.

many hugs and hickeys,
mario

No comments: